Descrição da Vaga
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Specialist Legal Advisor Specialist will be a member of the M-Pesa Compliance team. He or She will assist in the effective management of the Compliance program within M-Pesa. He or she will be required to work in conjuction with various areas within the Institution and be responsible for the relationship with a specific Regulator i.e. the Court of Law and the Attorney General’s Office of the Republic of Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Ready, analyse, vet contracts, addendums and other relevant documents written or shared with Compliance (Oficios) moreover effectively manage contracts/ agreements as well archiving of same;
- Provide a Legal overview or views while ensuring proper follow and or direct legal proceedings when prompted by the Judicial Authorities;
- Ensure Compliance with firm’s related Policies and Procedures. Escalate non Compliance, where applicable;
- Provide legal assistance to various firm departments i.e. M-Pesa and collaborate with relevant colleagues in the elaboration of documents within various departments within the firm;
- Responds and manages complaints deriving from customer or the Regulator i.e. The Central Bank of Moçambique and review and assess adequacy of Terms and Conditions and Firm Policies/ Procedures.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Accountable and eager to learn and improve current risk environment;
- Knowledge of Local Laws which take into account customer fair treatment, products and M-Pesa conduct as a Financial Institution,
- Must have analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English is an advantage).
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law;
- Certification in AML and/or Compliance is an advantage.
- Experienced Legal professional with 2 or more years in a compliance or related field and
- Knowledge of telecommunications is an advantage.
Processo de candidatura:
Para se candidatar, clique no botão “Candidatar-se” antes da data de validade.
Validade: 29 de Junho de 2021
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.