Descrição da Vaga
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Resilience and Food Security Activity in the Zambezia Province of Mozambique. The activity aims to improve nutrition outcomes for children under the age 2 through:
Objective 1: Sustainably improving women’s nutrition even in the face of shocks
Objective 2: Improving infant and young child feeding
This will be a full-time position based in Quelimane, Mozambique for the project’s duration of five years. Mozambican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project. This position is considered Key Personnel and as such, the proposed candidate must be approved by USAID.
The SBC Technical Advisor will be a senior member of the management team. He/she will oversee the design, planning and implementation of the project’s SBC and community engagement activities. The Advisor will ensure the technical quality and integrity of activities delivered through project staff, government partners, and community-based organizations.
- Lead design and implementation of the project’s formative research activities
- Oversee development and implementation of the project’s SBC and community engagement strategy
- Lead SBC-related work planning processes and direct implementation (programming and staff supervision) in collaboration with other project partners and collaborating organizations
- Oversee development and roll-out of tools, guidelines, and standards to ensure quality activity implementation
- Contribute to the Project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities – employing routine performance data to inform SBC and community engagement programmatic decisions
- Synthesize lessons learned, accomplishments and challenges and contribute to both routine and ad-hoc reporting
- Conduct skills assessments of local partners to develop capacity-building plans
- Monitor partner performance against approved work plans, executed agreements, technical standards and SBC-related indicators
- Ensure that SBC and community engagement activities are fully aligned with both Government of Mozambique’s policies/guidance and USAID policy priorities.
The SBC Technical Advisor will have a demonstrated understanding of a range of SBC approaches that will facilitate and motivate changes in individual/community behavior and social norm change that go beyond messaging to catalyzing community action and long-term sustainable behavior change. The successful candidate will be familiar with SBC approaches, local cultural practices, social networks, gender and age dynamics. Other requirements include the following:
- A Master’s degree or higher in nutrition, public health, or a closely related field
A minimum of 8-11 years of experience with progressively increasing technical responsibility in delivering Social and Behavior Change programming
- Demonstrated success in advancing SBC and community engagement programming in the context of health and nutrition
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners, including governmental bodies, community-based organizations, implementing partners, and other donor organizations
- English and Portuguese language fluency is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Para se Candidatar, clique no Botao “Candidatar-se” abaixo antes da data de validade.